[MPlayer-users] Watching live TV --> make artificial sound delay

boer Krelis boerkrelis-noSPAM- at myrealbox.com
Mon Mar 22 22:28:41 CET 2004

Hi there,

I've finally got my Marvel G400 going. Watching TV on the PC is great...
except for the delay in the video. Video and audio are out of sync
because the line-in audio is "live", whereas the video-decoding from the
tuner takes about half a second (don't ask me why).

So, I'd like to buffer half a second of audio before playing the audio.
I've tried
mplayer -af delay=1000:1000:1000:1000:1000 -vo xv -tv
driver=v4l:input=2:norm=PAL:chanlist=europe-west:channel=E7:mjpeg:decim
ation=2:quality=60:forceaudio:alsa:immediatemode=0 tv://

As far as I understand, immediatemode=0 should mean capturing audio
instead of routing it through ALSA, and -af delay 1000:blabla should
delay the sound by 1000 ms for all speakers.
Sadly, there was no resulting audio delay. I've also tried -aop delay=1,
to no avail.

I'm using a SBLive with Alsa 1.0.3b, vanilla-kernel-2.25 and
mplayer-1.0pre3-3.3.3.

Is there a way to make an audio delay in MPlayer? Getting ALSA to delay
the audio from line-in would be great, too.