[MPlayer-users] theora alpha 3

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Mar 23 11:09:00 CET 2004

The Wanderer wrote:

> In the pre-alpha-3 CVS copy of theora.h I have installed, the latest CVS
> version of that file, and the one contained in libtheora-1.0alpha3 as
> downloaded from theora.org, theora_decode_header is prototyped as
> receiving pointers to a theora_info, a theora_comment, and an
> ogg_packet. Earlier versions apparently received fewer arguments; at one
> point this meant MPlayer couldn't use the CVS version, and now it means
> that MPlayer can't use earlier versions.

Yeah, that's what I thought. The error didn't make any sense to me, as
everything seemed ok when I examined the source.

> Were you previously running the CVS version of Theora, or an earlier
> alpha? If the former, are there still bits of your previous Theora
> install on your system? If you have multiple non-identical copies of
> theora.h on your system, you'll want to make sure configure is seeing
> the correct one, most easily done by removing the outdated copy.

Yep, you're right. Turns out something went screwy when I compiled
theora as debian packages, and libtheora-dev didn't contain
/usr/include/theora, which meant that some older versions I had didn't
get overwritten.

Thanks, I knew better than that. :)

-Corey