[MPlayer-users] MPlayer with gui enabled playback probs

Peter vdM mobtek at netspace.net.au
Mon Mar 29 13:49:39 CEST 2004

Hi all,
	if I compile mplayer with gui enabled I get this message
when I try to play any file

           **** Your system is too SLOW to play this!  ****

Possible reasons, problems, workarounds:
- Most common: broken/buggy _audio_ driver
  - Try -ao sdl or use ALSA 0.5 or the OSS emulation of ALSA 0.9.
  - Experiment with different values for -autosync, 30 is a good start.
- Slow video output
  - Try a different -vo driver (-vo help for a list) or try -framedrop!
- Slow CPU
--
 etc
The playback is jerky as is the sound.