[MPlayer-users] Re: Does radeon_vid.so support Radeon 9600XT cards?

Sebastian Kaps seb-keyword-mplayer.729994 at toyland.sauerland.de
Wed Mar 31 21:26:20 CEST 2004

Hi Vladimir!

> radeon_vid (or vidix itself) doesn't work with rgb surfaces (but reports
> that it does). -bpp is no use at all. If the filter chain you use
> outputs some kind of rgb by default, you'll see distortion.

I don't use any filters at all. At least none that I know of.
This is my (default) ~/.mplayer/config file:
,----
| ## Video Options
| vo=gl2
| fs=yes
| zoom=no
| vm=yes
| bpp=24
| autoq=1
| dr=yes
|
| ## Audio Options
| ao=esd,oss:/dev/sound/dsp
| ac=hwac3,
|
| ## Other
| framedrop=yes
| gui=no
| osdlevel=1
| subfont-osd-scale=9
| dvd-device=/dev/ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/cd
| mixer=/dev/sound/mixer
|
| ## experimental
| fixed-vo=yes
| autoq=10
| menu=yes
`----

For testing I just run 'mplayer -vo xvidix:radeon_vid.so movie.avi'.

> Try playing just with -vf pp first (just to test it works). Then, try
> adding scale,format=yv12 (or yuy2) to the end of your filter chain.

I tried with -vf pp. The colors stay distorted and the performance slows
down a lot (if I had to guess, I'd say to around 10 fps on a P4-2.6 GHz).

> My default filter chain (suited for animation) is
> vf = pp=hb:c/vb:c/dr:c/al:f,hqdn3d,noise=10uah,eq2

This is faster, but the color problem persists.

> Other color anomalies are possible in rgb or yuv colorspaces, but I
> never encountered them in vidix on radeons. Just for completeness,
> filters like rgb2bgr, swapuv & noformat can help you with them.

I've tried them all. None of them help :-/

--
Ciao, Sebastian