[MPlayer-users] Nvidia drivers

v.melandri at libero.it v.melandri at libero.it
Tue May 4 10:50:21 CEST 2004

> Hi,
Hi :D Finally someone is listening :D

> > I've downloaded and compiled MPlayer and gMPlayer. They work,
> > the  audio  sounds good, but the video has some problems..
> Describe your problems, how do you start mplayer? Which file are you
> trying to play?

%gmplayer [return] (does a different way exists?)
I have tried to open DivX, XVid, mpg, and DVD.
All of them with to the same problem.

> > How can I compile it optimized for my gpu?
> > I have a geforce-go5200, and i have the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336
> > driver installed.
> I don't think it can be optimized especially for this gpu.

..I was hoping it was possible..
In the preferences -> video settings I have 4 tipes of video-driver (i can't
remember their names now, I'm not at home), and 3 of them didn't work. The X11
driver, instead, works but with little video "skips", missing a little quantity
of frames.
The presence of different tipes of video-driver has maked me think that it was
possible to find one optimized for NVIDIA.

How can I try to fix it?

Vincenzo ^_^
Sorry for my spaghetti-english, as usual...