[MPlayer-users] Nvidia drivers

Marius Schaefer/Camberg/ISBAC Marius.Schaefer at ISBAC.COM
Tue May 4 10:57:06 CEST 2004

Hi,

> > Hi,
> Hi :D Finally someone is listening :D
>
> > > I've downloaded and compiled MPlayer and gMPlayer. They work,
> > > the  audio  sounds good, but the video has some problems..
> > Describe your problems, how do you start mplayer? Which file are you
> > trying to play?
>
> %gmplayer [return] (does a different way exists?)
> I have tried to open DivX, XVid, mpg, and DVD.
> All of them with to the same problem.

I don't use gmplayer. For mplayer there are diffrent video-out drivers.
You should use xv, which should be also found in gmplayer.
Try playing your files with 'mplayer -vo xv <filename>'.

> > > How can I compile it optimized for my gpu?
> > > I have a geforce-go5200, and i have the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336
> > > driver installed.
> > I don't think it can be optimized especially for this gpu.
>
> ..I was hoping it was possible..
>
> In the preferences -> video settings I have 4 tipes of video-driver (i
can't
> remember their names now, I'm not at home), and 3 of them didn't work.
The X11
> driver, instead, works but with little video "skips", missing a
> little quantity
> of frames.

The x11 one is probably the worst, it's unacceleratet.
Also type 'xvinfo' to check if XVideo support is running.

Marius Schäfer