[MPlayer-users] [OT] Writing subtitles

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Tue May 4 11:50:55 CEST 2004

Hey everyone,

I've got some time on my hands and I've got some friends who just cannot
understand the movie if they have to listen to the english dialogue so I've
thought about writing some subtitles for them -- for some price of course :)

Has anyone of fellow mplayer users found a suitable [opensource]|[freeware
etc.] program for writing subtitles? I guess writing one wouldn't be _that_
hard, actually the only thing I need is to be able to place those time codes
and hand edit it with <what ever editor> to add the translation.

Any ideas anyone?

-rzei