[MPlayer-users] 3 pass encoding: scaling and bitrate

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Tue May 4 20:43:17 CEST 2004

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 07:22:53PM -0700, rcooley wrote:
> > my question is if the
> > suggested bitrate is still valid, even if I scale down the movie.
>
> Yes.  Bitrate is the ammount of bits per-second.  It has nothing to do
> with the video size.  As long as you don't change the length,
> everything will be fine.

  I forgot to mention that the bitrate I was talking about was the ones
suggested to fit cd boundaries (e.g, 700MiB). since I will be (down) scaling,
wouldn't that bitrate be inaccurate? I think that downscaling should allow me to
increase bitrate...

> Incidentally, expect potential a/v sync problems with 3-pass encoding.
> It is not recomended for that reason.

  so the suggestion would be to grab audio in the first or the second pass (once
I eliminate the audio)?

--
(Not so) Random fortune:
Every rectal thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson is personally tested.