[MPlayer-users] Re: Has anyone have a working hwac3 on an intel8x0 driver ?

arne hoch a.hoch at web.de
Wed May 5 12:19:37 CEST 2004

>Hello
>
>I'm trying to get hw ac3 audio on my SPDIF output without success
>(nforce2 shipset).
>
>So far, I'm able to get regular PCM (e.g. decoded by liba52) but I
>cannot get AC3 stream: my amplifier stays silent.
>
>So, if you have managed to get a similar configuration working (i.e
>ac3 on SPDIF with intel8x0 alsa driver), could you please send me your
>mplayer command and your alsa configuration file ?
>
>Thanks

Hi!

I managed to get it working. As audio device you have to use
alsa1x:spdif (was alsa9:spdif til last mplayer update). That will output
every audio signal to your spdif. now, to pass through the ac3 stream
you have to choose the hwac3 audio codec:
$ mplayer -ao alsa1x:spdif -ac hwac3, <videofile> (if there is no ac3
stream, the ',' behind hwac3 makes shure mplayer will try other codecs..)

arne