[MPlayer-users] dvd video

Aaron Peterson aaron at alpete.com
Fri May 28 23:46:12 CEST 2004

If I dump out the main title from a dvd with:

mplayer dvd:// -dvd-device /mirrored-dvd/path -aid 128 -dumpvideo
-dumpfile file.m2v

is there a way I can use mplayer or mencoder to re-encode the video so
it is smaller, but still dvd-video compatable (so I can still run it
through mplex and dvdauthor and put it back on a dvd) ?

In addition, if I add -sid 0 to the above commandline, will mplayer dump
the chosen subtitle into the file.m2v video stream?
--
Aaron Peterson <aaron at alpete.com>