[MPlayer-users] dvd video

Aaron Peterson aaron at alpete.com
Sat May 29 00:16:07 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 17:46, Aaron Peterson wrote:
> If I dump out the main title from a dvd with:
>
> mplayer dvd:// -dvd-device /mirrored-dvd/path -aid 128 -dumpvideo
> -dumpfile file.m2v
>
> is there a way I can use mplayer or mencoder to re-encode the video so
> it is smaller, but still dvd-video compatable (so I can still run it
> through mplex and dvdauthor and put it back on a dvd) ?
>
> In addition, if I add -sid 0 to the above commandline, will mplayer dump
> the chosen subtitle into the file.m2v video stream?

Or perhaps I should mplex the audio back in first to maintain a/v sync?
and use some other tool?

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is pulling the main title off a
dvd, shrinking it to fit on a writable dvd (if it's too big), so on and
so forth.  I remember someone saying that dvd2one was the only thing on
the planet somebody would want to use for that, but I would prefer to
use free open source *NIX tools if they are available...
--
Aaron Peterson <aaron at alpete.com>