[MPlayer-users] new mplayer user

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Nov 3 11:07:20 CET 2004

debian wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am a new Mplayer user and i'm looking forward to use Mplayer
> exclusivly! Really nice program!
>
> So, i installed the beast yesterday on my linux system with the
> codecs, gui and it is working fine...
>
> subtitles and everythong are okay.
>
> There is only one problem, when i start a movie it is shown in a
> window and when i go to fullscreen, my screen goes black and it show
> the movie but the size of the movie is still the same size like it
> was in the window.
>
> the same when i select double size.
>
> So, the problem is that the size always stays the same.
>
> What could this be and how can i solve it ?

AFAIK, this happens only with certain video-out (VO) methods; it
certainly doesn't happen for me (except for certain rare types of
files), but I've seen people talk about it more than once. If my memory
of those past conversations serves, you want to read the manual on the
'-zoom' option (and/or possibly the '-scale' option, but I think that's
mostly used for other purposes).

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.