[MPlayer-users] new mplayer user

H du Plooy hdp at webmail.co.za
Wed Nov 3 11:33:11 CET 2004

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 11:14, debian wrote:
> There is only one problem, when i start a movie it is shown in a window
> and when i go to fullscreen, my screen goes black and it show the movie
> but the size of the movie is still the same size like it was in the
> window.

Ok, quick and ugly fix, suppose your display is 1024x768, do:

mplayer movie.avi -zoom -x 1024 -y 768 -fs

BUT, that doesn't solve your problem, and if your PC isn't fast enough that's
not going to help you.

Do:   mplayer -vo help
see if "xv" is included.  If it is, simply play your movies as such:

mplayer movie.avi -vo xv -fs

If not, you need to compile mplayer with xv support.   Look at the output of
the ./configure script.  If it doesn't pick up xv support, it might give you
a hint as to what you need for it.

What graphics controller do you have?