[MPlayer-users] Kodak MOV audio fourcc="NONE" (should be "raw ")

Robert Fleming fleming at cs.washington.edu
Wed Nov 10 04:13:44 CET 2004

Greetings,

MOV files created by the Kodak CX7220 digital camera have two tracks:
one video, and one audio.  The audio track identifies itself with the
"fourcc" of "NONE", which mplayer does not recognize.  When I manually
change this in the MOV file to "raw ", mplayer recognizes it and
correctly plays the PCM audio data.  I don't know whether it's a bug in
the camera's firmware, or something that mplayer could/should handle.

I e-mailed Kodak but just got a generic Kodak+Linux-status e-mail (about
USB drivers, etc.).

I tried the QuickTime player and RealOne player on Windows (NT4) and
they both played the audio track for both "NONE" and "raw ", but I don't
know if that's just the Windows codec accomodating a bug.

Thanks,
Robert Fleming