[MPlayer-users] Kodak MOV audio fourcc="NONE" (should be "raw ")

Robert Fleming fleming at cs.washington.edu
Wed Nov 10 22:56:18 CET 2004

I'm just going to add "format 0x454E4F4E  ; "NONE" (MOV files)" to the
"audiocodec pcm" section of my codecs.conf, that will get me by, but I
guess the best thing would be for mplayer to check for the 8-bit case,
and play that, but reject larger sample sizes.  It seems to me that, at
the least, it should recognize "NONE" (as distinguished from, say,
"wxyz") and fail more gracefully..

I forgot to mention before that xine/totem also does not recognize
"NONE" (maybe xine shares that code with mplayer, I don't know).

Thanks,
Robert