[MPlayer-users] divx codec problem?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Nov 25 20:23:53 CET 2004

On Thursday, 25 November 2004 at 03:52, walter brokowski wrote:
> I am capturing using the following:
> Virtual VCR 2.6.9
> Divx pro 5.2.1 codec.
> 2.3 Gig AMD system, very fast hard drives.
> Win xp pro
> 512 meg ram
>

> When I capture at low res, the results are in sync and play properly in XBMC.
>
> When I increase the resolution to 640x480, 352x288 or 720x480; the video speeds through and the audio is ok, when played through XBMC.   These higher res files have sync issues
> & dropped frames, when captured, though.
>
> This problem only occurs with my captured video, Divx & Xvid.
> My hardware encoded mpeg-2 720x480 files are perfect.
>
> Why would the low res Divx work and the high res crap out?
> Is it a bug in the Divx & Xvid codec? So why do the low res work?

So where does MPlayer come in in the above? I don't see any mention of
MPlayer.

> I have tried the mplayer version MPlayer-mingw32-dev-CVS-041104 on my pc
> and get similar results.

What did you try to use MPlayer for? Playback? What was your problem
with it? Have you read MPlayer docs and FAQ?

> Any help is appreciated.

No help until you can state your problem with MPlayer clearly.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/