[MPlayer-users] divx codec problem?

walter brokowski wbrokow1 at optonline.net
Thu Nov 25 03:52:54 CET 2004

I am capturing using the following:
Virtual VCR 2.6.9
Divx pro 5.2.1 codec.
2.3 Gig AMD system, very fast hard drives.
Win xp pro
512 meg ram

When I capture at low res, the results are in sync and play properly in XBMC.

When I increase the resolution to 640x480, 352x288 or 720x480; the video speeds through and the audio is ok, when played through XBMC.   These higher res files have sync issues
& dropped frames, when captured, though.

This problem only occurs with my captured video, Divx & Xvid.
My hardware encoded mpeg-2 720x480 files are perfect.

Why would the low res Divx work and the high res crap out?
Is it a bug in the Divx & Xvid codec? So why do the low res work?

I have tried the mplayer version MPlayer-mingw32-dev-CVS-041104 on my pc and get similar results.

Any help is appreciated.