[MPlayer-users] MEncoder: my avi output file has no audio (long)

Ian Smith the.pond at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Oct 3 13:46:10 CEST 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote, on 02/10/04 19:33:

> just make sure mencoder's broken a/v sync code doesn't try to skip or
> duplicate frames during the -ovc copy phase, since that will ruin the
> video... -mc 0 and -noskip might help at that step. (skipping or
> duplicating frames when the source is a valid avi file is ALWAYS wrong
> so it indicates a bug in mencoder's crappy a/v sync code...)

FWIW, in my recent experiments I've found that -mc 0 and -noskip are the
_essential_ factors.  Doing an audio copy on the first pass didn't seem
to have any adverse effect (over two hours), in fact I'm still doing it
this way.  I know it makes very little difference overall but at least I
can easily see what pass I'm on without using ps/top ;)