[MPlayer-users] flv-flash video conversation problems, no sound

cs.andras at vpmedia.hu cs.andras at vpmedia.hu
Wed Oct 6 18:44:56 CEST 2004

Hello,

I want to convert from several video formats(all of the popular) into
Macromedia flash video format (flv), i'm developing for FlashCommunication
server. My problem is that the sound conversation did not working.
I've tried with ffmpeg 0.4.9-pre1 build 4781 - almost with linux and windows
binary.

I tried with this params - with wmv,mpg,mov,avi input formats:
ffmpeg -i input_test.wmv -acodec mp3 -ar 22050 test_copy.flv
ffmpeg -i input_test.avi -acodec adpcm_ms -ar 44100 test_copy.flv
ffmpeg -i input_test.mpg -acodec copy -ar test_copy.flv
(and some more..)
in most cases flash likes mp3 or pcm coded sound( 5, 8, 11, 22, and 44khz),
but the flv, it seems to be not.

I'm not sure about this, but i figured out flv sound is coded with a codec
called Nellymoser. Maybe this is the problem or the solution. but i cant
find any more information about this codec.

Here is some discuration about this problem:
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=266&threadid=868432

So it seems to be macromedia don't wants to develop any solution, but i want
to solve this problem.

thanks for any help!