[MPlayer-users] MPplayer and installing a new gcc version

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Oct 24 10:10:49 CEST 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 03:43:04 -0400
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> funny thing is you seem to be the only one who's found them. i've
> never seen a documented bug in 2.95.3, and i've seen plenty in almost
> every version of gcc3. that's not to say 2.95.3 doesn't have any bugs,
> but if you claim they exist, why not report them?

You can drop the condescending attitude.

It wasn't long ago that I reported (on -dev) a couple bugs with mkv that
were gcc-2.95.3 specific, and did not appear when compiled with
gcc-3.2.2.

I'm also getting pretty annoyed by the "why not report it" attitude.
I've been filing bugreport after bugreport, and few of them are getting
_any_ response at all.

3 days ago I listed 2 bugs, in -vo null and -vf scale, and got no
response.  Just a few hours ago I filed a bugreport about SVQ3 files
crashing on exit if any video filters are used.  And in a few minutes,
I'm going to submit another bugreport on REAL videos crashing when
any -aop options are used.  And that doesn't list the dozen or so I've
filed in the past month that haven't gotten any response.  I suggest you
consider working on the bugreports you're already getting, before
asking for even more.