[MPlayer-users] MPplayer and installing a new gcc version

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Oct 24 17:57:06 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 01:10:49AM -0700, RC wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 03:43:04 -0400
> D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
>
> > funny thing is you seem to be the only one who's found them. i've
> > never seen a documented bug in 2.95.3, and i've seen plenty in almost
> > every version of gcc3. that's not to say 2.95.3 doesn't have any bugs,
> > but if you claim they exist, why not report them?
>
> You can drop the condescending attitude.

eh?

> It wasn't long ago that I reported (on -dev) a couple bugs with mkv that
> were gcc-2.95.3 specific, and did not appear when compiled with
> gcc-3.2.2.

i expect this was with the c++ mkv stuff..?
i don't doubt 2.95.3 has problems with some newer c++ code.
c++ keeps changing, that's one of the big reasons i say the language
sucks. we don't use any c++ anymore for mkv.

> I'm also getting pretty annoyed by the "why not report it" attitude.
> I've been filing bugreport after bugreport, and few of them are getting
> _any_ response at all.

:(

i tried to help with the one about your Test.mpg and pullup, but it's
really strange and i have no idea how it's broken..

> 3 days ago I listed 2 bugs, in -vo null and -vf scale, and got no
> response.

hm, i'll look again.

> Just a few hours ago I filed a bugreport about SVQ3 files
> crashing on exit if any video filters are used.  And in a few minutes,

i saw that, haven't looked into it tho.

> I'm going to submit another bugreport on REAL videos crashing when
> any -aop options are used.  And that doesn't list the dozen or so I've

-aop is deprecated, but ok if you want to report..

> filed in the past month that haven't gotten any response.  I suggest you
> consider working on the bugreports you're already getting, before
> asking for even more.

:))

rich