[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] Crash when REAL used with any -aop options

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Oct 24 21:23:34 CEST 2004

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I realize -aop is depreciated, but volnorm is still very useful.
>
> all aops are now available as afs, so no need to use -aop anymore.
> Thus this won't be fixed anymore (unless it also happens with -af).

Not with quite the same functionality, they're not. Specifically, with
-af volume=<value>, I get: an OSD volume display which sometimes makes
no sense (up to jumping between zero and max when I try to adjust volume
on the fly); at higher volumes, staticky audio which gets worse as time
and/or volume adjustments go on; and no response whatsoever to the
volume adjustment keys, except for a change in the OSD. On the other
hand, -aop list=volume:volume=<value> has none of these problems.

The first of the three problems is comparatively minor, and I'll admit
hasn't showed up consistently even for me; it's possible I missed
something on that one. The other two, however, are entirely
unacceptable, and are the bulk of the reason why I never use -af volume
but have aop=list=volume:volume=100 in my config file.

(The rest of the reason is that -af volume takes its argument in
decibels of gain to be applied, while -aop volume takes its argument as
a percentage of the original volume to be output (though the latter does
not appear to be documented; then again, the function of the -af volume
soft-clipping parameter doesn't seem to be documented either). Either of
these could be adjusted to with a little effort, but I do think I find
the percentage interface more intuitive.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.