[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] Crash when REAL used with any -aop options

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Oct 24 21:48:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

> >>I realize -aop is depreciated, but volnorm is still very useful.
> >
> >all aops are now available as afs, so no need to use -aop anymore.
> >Thus this won't be fixed anymore (unless it also happens with -af).
>
> Not with quite the same functionality, they're not. Specifically, with
> -af volume=<value>, I get: an OSD volume display which sometimes makes
> no sense (up to jumping between zero and max when I try to adjust volume
> on the fly); at higher volumes, staticky audio which gets worse as time
> and/or volume adjustments go on; and no response whatsoever to the
> volume adjustment keys, except for a change in the OSD. On the other
> hand, -aop list=volume:volume=<value> has none of these problems.

That's probably because you're using the volume filter in a way it isn't
supposed to be used...
Did you try leave it out from the commandline and use ao sdl instead?
Also you might want to look at mixer.c, lines 24 and 48. Removing the
ifs should give you software volume control.
Also by adjusting (replacing) the values 90.0 and 180.0 (2*90.0) you can
adjust the possible range of the volume.
Care to make a patch to allow to select all this on the command line?
;-)

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger