[MPlayer-users] rendering subtitles to video

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Oct 25 01:30:25 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 06:49:59PM +0200, Ulrich Schweitzer wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2004 17:58, D Richard Felker III wrote:
>
> > you're happy with the ugly horribly pixellated subtitles and fonts
> > that look just as bad?
>
> I don't know what you are talking about. The vobsub subtitles I have look
> fine. They look exactly like the original subtitles on the dvd. Come to

right, and that's horribly pixellated. it's impossible to have
something not look that way when it's a 2bpp picture without even
multiple levels of alpha blending...

> think of it, they look terrible when you don't have the correct ifo or
> none at all. Are you sure you did have that when you checked it out?

yes i am sure. the original dvd subs look exactly the same, i.e.
horrible. maybe you're just watching on tvout and the band-limiting
effects of the tv signal are masking the ugliness.

rich