[MPlayer-users] pullup behaves badly on this clip

James Crowson jbcrowso at ncsu.edu
Thu Sep 2 21:51:09 CEST 2004

wrt http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2004-September/048060.html
(sorry for breaking threading, my webmail won't let me set In-Reply-To)...

I should clarify a bit.  The really bad pattern in the clip I uploaded
appears only rarely in the source material, in isolated several-second
bursts.  pullup handles the vast majority of it perfectly well.  So if
pullup were saner about dropping frames (perhaps it could pass some
interlaced frames through) I could produce clean 24fps rips with just a
few second bursts of blended frames every few minutes.  (I can filter out
occasional interlacing while doing only small harm to true progressive
material - that's what I intended pp=l5 for - but I can't do anything
about those frame drops.)