[MPlayer-users] mplayer does not start playing

Martin Bammer e9525103 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 3 15:31:06 CEST 2004

Hi,
I often have the problem that mplayer does not start playing when I try to
play an avi-file. When I push a cursor key then mplayer starts playing. This
is undesireable when it often happens. It is especially undesireable when
this problem occurs with avi-files which are still opened for recording (e.g.
I record a TV program and want to watch it at the same time), because seeking
in such files is not possible for mplayer (by the way xine can seek in such
files)!!

The installed version is 1.0pre5-3.3.4 (Debian package version is 1.0cvs) on
Debian sid.

Cheers, Martin