[MPlayer-users] Problem playing DVD

Dan Feiling dan at feiling.net
Fri Sep 3 17:49:15 CEST 2004

mplayer web site suggests that supported input formats include:  DVD,
including encrypted DVD.

I installed the following RPM's on Java Desktop System

DirectFB-0.9.11-53.i586.rpm
libdv-0.98-63.i586.rpm
libdvdread-0.9.3-43.i586.rpm
lirc-0.6.5-196.i586.rpm
mad-0.14.2b-151.i586.rpm
MPlayer-0.90pre6-52.i586.rpm

confirmed, in a general sense, that mplayer is working by "playing" a
stored video file....

But I receive the following errors in the logfile when attempting to
view a DVD.

libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
Reading disc structure, please wait...
*** Zero check failed in ifo_read.c:625
    for pgc->zero_1 = 0x8064
mplayer: ifo_read.c:626: ifoRead_PGC: Assertion `pgc->nr_of_programs <=
pgc->nr_of_cells' failed.

What have I missed(done wrong)?