[MPlayer-users] -ss option time descrepancy

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Sat Sep 11 22:26:40 CEST 2004

Le samedi 11 septembre 2004, 15:44:16 ou environ D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> a écrit:

> > Try with -ss 00:10:00 to begin after 10 minutes
>
> this will not help. -ss 00:10:00 is exactly the same as -ss 600. the
> problem is that mplayer's seeking sucks, but you _cannot_ do correct
> seeking in an mpeg file without reading the _entire_ thing from the
> start up to the point you want to seek to... :( and of course that
> sucks too, because seeking will take 5 minutes or something...
>
> rich

I solved the problem for reading an avi file encoded from DVD file on stanalone
reader : -noodml is what is needed.

Now I have an avi file encoded with odml (latest CVS) and it stops at the 77th
minute. Now if I reencode this file (one or two passes I suppose one pass will
be enough) with -noodml added, do you think the problem will be solved or the
odml function was added definitely and can't be removed?

--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at bartydeux.be
http://bartydeux.be