[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] VP6 / NSV

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Sep 12 09:09:22 CEST 2004

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:52:51 +0000
Roberto Togni <r_togni at tiscali.it> wrote:

> I'm sorry i can't reproduce it.

I'm aware of that.  It seems it's not a common problem, although there
are at least a dozen different people who have reported some variation
of this problem.

> Can you please post the md5sum of your vp6 dll?

Neptune root # cd /usr/lib/win32/
Neptune win32 # md5sum vp6vfw.dll
04d635a364243013898fd09484f913fb  vp6vfw.dll

I have updated my codecs recently:   all-20040706.tar.bz2

> My dll md5sum is
> 04d635a364243013898fd09484f913fb  vp6vfw.dll
> and it comes form the latest codec package (but it's unchanged since
> pre4).

Yes, seems to match mine.

> Can you reproduce it with non-nsv file?

Yes, afraid I can.  I tried playing a sample from On2:

http://www.on2.com/vp6_samples/sims2_80.vp6

Works fine with debugging enabled, but crashes with debugging disabled.
The log of mplayer's output is attached.

> BTW a patch for the loader (virtualalloc) was committed
> yesterday night, did it changed something for you?

No, this has been a long-standing problem, that I experienced from the
day I first grabbed the VP?/NSV patches off the mailing list.

> I'm sure Reimar will answer too, he is the author of vp5/6 dll
> support.

As the first line in my mail said, he asked me to file this bugreport,
so I'm also sure he will reply eventually...