[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] VP6 / NSV

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Sep 12 15:55:34 CEST 2004

Hi,

>>I'm sorry i can't reproduce it.

I can't reproduce either.

> I'm aware of that.  It seems it's not a common problem, although there
> are at least a dozen different people who have reported some variation
> of this problem.

Is it always only with the vp? codecs?

>>My dll md5sum is
>>04d635a364243013898fd09484f913fb  vp6vfw.dll
>>and it comes form the latest codec package (but it's unchanged since
>>pre4).
>
> Yes, seems to match mine.

Changed mine to match it, didn't make a difference.

> Works fine with debugging enabled, but crashes with debugging disabled.
> The log of mplayer's output is attached.

Hmm, this reminds me of something:
Please try a few variantions in between debugging and not. First,
configure MPlayer as usual without debugging.
Then open config.mak, search for "OPTFLAGS =" and replace the "-O4" in
those flags by "-O4 -g", recompile and try if the problem persists. If
yes, send another bugreport as you now hav proper debugging info.
Now do the same again, but instead of replacing "-O4" with "-O4 -g"
replace it by "-O2".
Don't forget to make distclean if neccessary.
Please also post your compiler version. Have you tried with a different
version? It _might_ be a compiler bug after all...

>>BTW a patch for the loader (virtualalloc) was committed
>>yesterday night, did it changed something for you?
>
> No, this has been a long-standing problem, that I experienced from the
> day I first grabbed the VP?/NSV patches off the mailing list.

Looks like it should be independent from nsv, don't you think so?

>>I'm sure Reimar will answer too, he is the author of vp5/6 dll
>>support.
>
> As the first line in my mail said, he asked me to file this bugreport,
> so I'm also sure he will reply eventually...

Well, I did, but I'm out of ideas. The place where the crash happens has
nothing to do with the places that are patched by the loader and looks
rather unsuspicious.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger