[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] VP6 / NSV

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Sep 12 16:42:33 CEST 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:55:34 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Is it always only with the vp? codecs?

Not quite sure what you are asking.  That's certainly the only time I
experience the problem, but some people are reporting other things quite
similar, even though not exactly the same...  Adam Malinowski said (in
the original thread) a couple days ago that he has the problem only with
NSV.  I'm not so lucky.

> Hmm, this reminds me of something:
> Please try a few variantions in between debugging and not. First,
> configure MPlayer as usual without debugging.
> Then open config.mak, search for "OPTFLAGS =" and replace the "-O4" in
> those flags by "-O4 -g", recompile and try if the problem persists. If
> yes, send another bugreport as you now hav proper debugging info.
> Now do the same again, but instead of replacing "-O4" with "-O4 -g"
> replace it by "-O2".
> Don't forget to make distclean if neccessary.

> Please also post your compiler version. Have you tried with a
> different version? It _might_ be a compiler bug after all...

My gcc info was in the bugreport.  It's gcc version 3.2.2.  Haven't
tried with a different version of GCC...  It's a bit of an extra hassle,
so I'll get around to doing that a little later.