[MPlayer-users] flickering artifacts

Wu-Kung Sun sunwukung1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 20:44:09 CEST 2004

I'm on digest so I apologize for breaking threading on
mail clients.

Ulrich wrote:
>Your scale option is most likely the problem. You end
>up with an image height of 274 which is not divisible
>by 6. Because of that you get ugly macro blocks on
the >edge of the frame. Both width and height should
always >be divisible by 16.

I knew about the mod16 rule but didn't even bother
checking.  I assumed mencoder's scale would take care
of it.  I won't do that again!

But mplayer isn't scaling the movie.  Relevant lines
when playing are:
VIDEO:  [DIVX]  480x274  24bpp  29.970 fps  830.0 kbps
(101.3 kbyte/s)
VDec: vo config request - 480 x 274 (preferred csp:
Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [x11] 480x274 => 480x274 Planar YV12

Thanks for your advice!
W.