[MPlayer-users] subfont.ttf Error

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Sep 23 03:47:36 CEST 2004

David M wrote:

> Okay, I'm confused, I downloaded subfont but it's not a font. It's
> files so I can make my own? I don't want to make my own, just want
> mencoder to work. <sigh>

Then put any TrueType font file in that directory, and give it the
filename subfont.ttf. It will (or at least should) Just Work.

Might it be worthwhile to explain in the documentation somewhere, for
the sake of the clueless, that there is no specific font called
"subfont", and that that's just a place for you to put the one you want
to use?

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.