[MPlayer-users] aofile closing/reopening

Karen Pease meme at daughtersoftiresias.org
Mon Apr 4 06:36:56 CEST 2005

I'd like to report a simple bug/feature request that I didn't see listed.
When you use the -aofile option, it seems to close and reopen the file
between tracks.  This normally isn't an issue, unless your aofile is a fifo
being read by some other program.  In such a case, closing the file closes
the line of communication and causes problems.  Is it possible to have it
leave the aofile open at all times?  For now, I've made a workaround by
writing a short python script that reconnects to the fifo after it is
closed/reopened and writes continously to a second fifo, but of course this
wastes cpu and makes things more complicated.

 - Karen Pease
 Iowa City, IA, USA