[MPlayer-users] Load a video but not to play it until further commands

Chung-Kai Chen ckchen at pllab.cs.nthu.edu.tw
Tue Apr 5 23:39:06 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,

I am writing a Java program part of which starts an MPlayer window to
play videos. The slave mode of MPlayer makes it possible for the Java
program to control the playing. One bothering thing is that I can't
find any flag to tell MPlayer to stop initially, i.e. pause at the
first frame, so I can control the time of starting. Currently I just
restart the video (rewind to the beginning of the video and then
start), but the already played initial frames make strange
user-experiences. I wonder if anyone knows something I just miss which
I can use against this problem?

C.K.