[MPlayer-users] Load a video but not to play it until further commands

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Apr 11 10:17:44 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 05:39:06AM +0800, Chung-Kai Chen wrote:
> program to control the playing. One bothering thing is that I can't
> find any flag to tell MPlayer to stop initially, i.e. pause at the
> first frame, so I can control the time of starting. Currently I just

If you control it via a fifo you can try to first write "pause" to it
and then start MPlayer, it should stop somewhere between the before the
forst frame and after the second.
There also is a new "pausing" prefix to commands in CVS version (maybe
even pre6 already?), maybe this helps as well...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger