[MPlayer-users] audio - video synchronization

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 08:03:53 CEST 2005

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 01:46:56AM +0200, Sebastian Krämer wrote:
>
>> I quit windows for other reasons than sound mixing.
>
> my point was not the way it does mixing. my point is the whole
> interface design of having apps make annoying sounds on your
> soundcard constantly. the soundcard should be for playing music,
> movies, simulations, games, research, etc. not to annoy you every
> time an error or an instant message pops up.

Sometimes it *is* annoying, but sometimes it's helpful; as I indicated,
when I may receive an IM at any point but have no way of knowing when,
it can be nice to have the bell to let me know when it happens. If I
don't want to be interrupted by such sounds, I can easily turn them off.

I do agree with you in principle, I just differ somewhat in practice.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.