[MPlayer-users] audio - video synchronization

CrimeDog crimedog at wp.pl
Wed Apr 13 23:35:24 CEST 2005

Dnia 12-04-2005, wto o godzinie 18:50 -0400, D Richard Felker III
napisał(a):
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 11:49:34PM +0200, Sebastian Krämer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 12 April 2005 23:05, CrimeDog wrote:
> > > Dnia 12-04-2005, wto o godzinie 22:28 +0200, Sebastian Krämer
> > >
> > > napisa?(a):

> > > I have alsa dmix, but this is not as good as it should.
> >
> > Yes, I also suffered pain to get it working :(
> > I'm a real fan of linux and I'd never switch back from my beloved gentoo,
> > but.. your point stands, windows makes many things 'just work'. (off topic:
> > At last this is also because good drivers and support are driven for win,
> > while oss people have to figure out a way to make things work themselfs :-/ )
> >
> > I don't know what hardware you're using, but I guess - as many people suffer
> > from it - there may be explicit help for your sound chip/card. Make dmix
> > work, it's worth the effort!
>
> dmix is an evil hack, don't bother with it...
> really, i can't grasp why on earth people would want to be bothered
> with other apps making sounds while they're trying to watch a movie or
> listen to music. didn't you abandon windows for a reason?!?

Listening to music AND browsing multimedia sites.
Using different program from KDE and GNOME at the same time.
Music + games ;)
Watching movie when my audio program is started (not playing)!
etc...
I leaved windows, because Linux was stable, interesting and I had to
learn more :-P Not because it was well projected sound system! For this
lacks (I wrote what lacks in another message) I don't install Linux on
all my friends computers.

--
With kindest regards:
Konrad Materka