[MPlayer-users] Disable "Cycle Fullscreen Resolution"

Peter Buchmann peter.buchmann at gmx.net
Wed Apr 20 17:25:26 CEST 2005

Rich Felker wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 04:46:47PM +0200, Peter Buchmann wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>i just downloaded the newest mplayer CVS and i would
>>like it to use the "old" behaviour when i press F.
>>
>>Now it goes fullscreen but it takes like 5 seconds and
>>it isnt the correct resolution. Before the update i was
>>using a Jan2005 CVS and the behaviour upon F was that i
>>resized the mplayer window to fullscreen.
>>
>>Now to my question: Is there a switch at compile-time to
>>disable the whole "Cycle Fullscreen Resolution" thing?
>>
>>I just want to press F and it goes fullscreen. I dont want
>>to press C 7 time to go have the vid fullscreen, especially
>>since it takes about 2-4 seconds on each change.
>

> Your bug report is highly incomplete. Maybe you're using -vo sdl or
> something broken like that? Unfortunately we don't know because you
> didn't tell us, but I'm pretty sure there is no such behavior with the
> default options.

Just thought a more detailed description of what goes wrong could help.
(If you want/need photos i could take some)

me at home:~/mplayer file.avi

After pressing F it goes fullscreen, but only the upper half of the screen
is filled with the movie. The lower half is blue. (Looks like 16:9)

In order to view it in 'real' fullscreen i have to press C 2-5 times depending
on the file im playing.

I know it sounds very weird, but its very annoying because mplayer used
to be really comfortable for any media and now its quite the opposite.

Back to my question: Is there a ./configure switch to turn the cycling
completely off?
If you need additional info like logs/output/screenshots just tell me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Peter