[MPlayer-users] DVD Seek lockup - strange noise

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Apr 29 09:51:49 CEST 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:10:21 +0200
Jynx <jynx at thescrapyard.org> wrote:

> DVD Seek! lba=0x199BFE  cell=19  packs: 0x195390-0x1A84F6
>

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: demux_open

Well, it seems it can't read the video...  Are you SURE the disc/drive
are working fine?  It really, really seems like it's a hardware issue.

I would suggest copying the DVD to your hard drive, with another program
like vobcopy, and see if you can play it from the directory on the hard
drive.  If it is able to dump the DVD contents to the hard drive, and
mplayer still has the same problem playing it from the hard drive,
you'll know it's not a hardware problem.

If it's definately not a hardware problem, you'll need to file a
complete bugreport so someone can track down the problem:
http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html