[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] pullup/filmdint bugs when height/width %16 != 0

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Aug 1 11:41:07 CEST 2005

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:03:40 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> The issue is not multiples of 16, but multiples of 4, and height only.

I see.

> Interlaced 4:2:0 video must always have a height that's a multiple of
> 4; otherwise it's nonsense.

Of course I understand that (you don't pay much attention to who sent
messages, do you?).

All of the videos I had problems with were progressive...  pullup and
filmdint (with io=1:1) shouldn't munge progressive material, right?

Also, even though it doesn't strictly make sense, I would think you'd
want ivtc and deinterlacer filters to work reasonably well, even on
material that was encoded by someone who didn't know what they were
doing.

> I don't know why MPlayer crashes;

Well, that's why I filed the bugreport...

> P.S. About that scaling... I hope you're doing interlaced scaling. :)

I'm not actually using the scaling method for encoding, just for
live playback with MPlayer.  I've only seen this bug with progressive
material so far, anyhow.