[MPlayer-users] Ripping Quicktime Trailers

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 00:33:17 CEST 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 03:17 pm, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 05:49:12 -0700
>

> > Now you know the filename of the actual video, which you can download
> > with wget, just like you did for the playlist.
> >
> > Personally, I prefer to use mplayerplug-in, and change the config to
> > "keep-download=1", which then stores all the videos to disk until I
> > delete them.  Much easier than manually finding URLs.
>
> That is worth knowing too! However, where is the config file? and where
> is the movie file stored?

Config file is normally in $HOME/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf

See http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/config.php

The saved movies are generally stored in $HOME.

The version of mplayerplug-in in CVS (gonna probably be 3.05) has a GUI off
the rightclick menu to set were the movies are stored.

Kevin

--
Get my public GnuPG key from
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/export?id=7574690260641978351