[MPlayer-users] [OT] AC3 vs. DTS

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Aug 4 02:17:46 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 10:45:24AM -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> Now let't talk about defeating a protection.
> You say that it took same time to break CSS because <your arguments>.
>
> Well let's take another example. What about CPPM? It's around since

Never heard of it, and I would imagine most of the people who care
haven't either. You can get full quality music on CD already with no
restrictions.

> When the new HD DVD format will be available, do you really expect that
> the next day all the computers will be equipped with the new HDDVD drive
> and after two weeks the protection will be defeated?

No, but no one will care until it's the standard format for movies,
just like no one cared about DVD at first. If you insist on trying to
use bleeding edge stuff, you're going to be the one bleeding, and I
don't have an sympathy for you. It's just like people who buy the
latest nvidia/ati crap when they're using linux and whine that it's
not supported well. It's not useful for anything they want to do
anyway so they should get a g400 and wait a few years til the new
thing is cheap and reverse-engineered well.

Rich