[MPlayer-users] [OT] AC3 vs. DTS

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Thu Aug 4 15:42:53 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 08:17:46PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 10:45:24AM -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> > Now let't talk about defeating a protection.
> > You say that it took same time to break CSS because <your arguments>.
> >
> > Well let's take another example. What about CPPM? It's around since
>
> Never heard of it, and I would imagine most of the people who care
> haven't either. You can get full quality music on CD already with no
> restrictions.

Never heard about dvd-audio? On which planet do you live? You know, there
is something called Google on the net. If you simply cared about listening
to what people says to you, it would have taken 10 seconds to know what is
CPPM.

> > When the new HD DVD format will be available, do you really expect that
> > the next day all the computers will be equipped with the new HDDVD drive
> > and after two weeks the protection will be defeated?
>
> No, but no one will care until it's the standard format for movies,
> just like no one cared about DVD at first. If you insist on trying to
> use bleeding edge stuff, you're going to be the one bleeding, and I
> don't have an sympathy for you. It's just like people who buy the
> latest nvidia/ati crap when they're using linux and whine that it's
> not supported well. It's not useful for anything they want to do
> anyway so they should get a g400 and wait a few years til the new
> thing is cheap and reverse-engineered well.

By the way, I see that is impossible to have a constructive discussion with you.
You have you own, limited, vision of the world and pretend that
it has to be accepted by everybody. Just because you belive to
be correct 100% of the time.

This fact was already known to many people on the list, but now probably
it is clear to everybody.

You are smart, but you really need to improve your way to interact with
the rest of the world.

This discussion, for me, ends here.

Giacomo