[MPlayer-users] [OT] AC3 vs. DTS

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Aug 4 17:05:26 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 09:42:53AM -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 08:17:46PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 10:45:24AM -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> > > Now let't talk about defeating a protection.
> > > You say that it took same time to break CSS because <your arguments>.
> > >
> > > Well let's take another example. What about CPPM? It's around since
> >
> > Never heard of it, and I would imagine most of the people who care
> > haven't either. You can get full quality music on CD already with no
> > restrictions.
>
> Never heard about dvd-audio? On which planet do you live? You know, there
> is something called Google on the net. If you simply cared about listening
> to what people says to you, it would have taken 10 seconds to know what is
> CPPM.

Well, the only reason I heard about it was users asking about it (and I
think it was less than 3 people).
Nobody I know cares even the slightest bit about DVD-Audio (not to
mention that nobody has a player for it).
Which I think was his point. None of those that have the capabilities of
circumventing it care about it - and as long as that music is available
on CD they probably never will - unless for the pure fun of it.
That is something different from DVD, that provided a real value vs VHS.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger