[MPlayer-users] Mapping DVD drive eject and forward buttons

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Thu Aug 4 02:35:23 CEST 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 00:18, Gert van Biljon wrote:
> With Mplayer I seemingly cannot use these two buttons, my
> biggest need is the eject button to stop the playback of a
> DVD.
>
> Is it possible to have mplayer react to input from any of
> these two buttons? Googled quite a bit but didnt find
> anything

I don't think this is possible. When an audio CD is played, it acts almost
like a stand-alone player. There's a DAC in the drive and the audio is sent
directly to the soundcard. That's where that little cable between the drive
and your soundcard (or motherboard if it's integrated) is for. The drive's
firmware catches the button presses and acts upon it (play, next track,
stop, eject, etc. depending on the model). I don't think software running
on the main computer's CPU can query the status of those buttons.

--Ivo