[MPlayer-users] Please, I need urgent help with filtering a wedding video

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Aug 10 08:58:07 CEST 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 23:22:29 -0600
Dark Shadow <shadowofdarkness at gmail.com> wrote:

> I could not find  or missed what the sharpen filter is called.

'unsharp' or 'smartblur' with negative values instead of positive.

> As for 2 or 3 pass encoding do you use the same command but just
> change the vpass= and leave the rest.

Yes, but with a few exceptions.  If an option in the man page is listed
as "(pass 1)" then you only use it for the first pass.

> Is three going to show even a slight increase since I think I heard
> along time ago not to use it?

The second pass will improve the quality significantly.  Any
additionally passes will just get it closer to the selected bitrate.
So, if your file ends up smaller than it should have (lower bitrate
than specified) a 3rd pass will improve the quality somewhat.

> vcodec=mpeg2video:mbd=1:vpass=1:aspect=4/3:vbitrate=4400:vrc_macrate=8000:vrc_minrate=0:vrc_buf_size=224:top=0
>  -vf il=d:d,hqdn3d=12:9:18,il=i:i\

You are missing several options.  I would suggest searching the
list archives for command-lines others use for the same purpose.

Most obviously, you don't have "keyint" set, mbd=2 is much better
than 1, and trell is recomended just as much as mbd.  Your content is
interlaced, so you'll most likely also want to use "ildct", "ilme", and
perhaps others.