[MPlayer-users] Temporal decimation

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Aug 17 17:15:39 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 03:28:34AM -0300, Lucas Malta wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>       I`ve unsuccessfully tried to perform a temporal
> decimation using Mplayer. For example, to play
> discarding 1 at every 3 frames. Does anybody knows if
> it is possible?

Just set the output fps to 2/3 of the input. If some of the frames are
duplicate to begin with though, you probably also want to use the
decimate filter to make sure the correct ones get dropped. (e.g. if
you're reencoding mpeg files from a certain digital camera with 50/3
fps movies stored at 25fps).

Rich