[MPlayer-users] configure script patch

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Aug 17 20:16:13 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 07:48:43AM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
> You were correct in that the libGL.a on my system was the one from Mesa and
> that is why OpenGL did not work properly (it was unaccellerated)

I have to admit that IMHO Mesa shouldn't install a static libGL, but
well...

> Perhaps there could be an additional test that if detection of OpenGL fails
> when using libGL it could be tried again with libGLU and see if that works?
> That way it will only fall back to libGLU if needed?

As a last resort that would be possible, but I don't really like it.
Can you give me the output of
ldd mplayer
and
ldd libGLU.so
(use the full path to the files in both cases).
Maybe running ldconfig (as root) will fix it? In that case the libGL.a
wasn't a problem.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger