[MPlayer-users] Re: configure script patch

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Aug 19 10:33:25 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 09:42:05AM +0200, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> I think there is no xorg.conf option to enable GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK. But if
> you don't want to use the environment variable, you may use
> nvidia-settings to adjust the gl_sync behaviour.

No, I meant in the OpenGL vo, without any use interaction. In theory
there is GLX_SGI_video_sync, but I don't know how to use it.

> Recent versions of nvidia-setting show two additional XVideo options:
> "Video Texture Adaptor: Sync to VBlanc" and "Video Blitter Adaptor: Sync
> to VBlanc". I think the first one is for the "normal" xvideo mode. Do you
> know what the second otion is for?

No, the "normal" xvideo mode is Video Overlay Adaptor, and it always
uses VSYNC (this is the only one that uses the real video hardware, and
it seems to have been removed in the PCIe versions :-(, so there goes
another advantage of XVideo).
The others are different kinds of emulations (no idea what the
difference is, except that there is only one "Video Texture Adaptor" but
32 "Video Blitter Adaptors" (this is specific to the nVidia
closed-source drivers though, I think the open source once only have the
real overlay).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger